Friday, June 15, 2012

#3

So everything comes in threes everyone kept saying, well it came in full!! So we just get back from Primary Children's with Branson the next day Matt's family came over to check on how everything was going, the girls took the kids for a walk and Matt was putting water on the lawn and since I had a minute I started weeding. The girls had came back from the walk and it was starting to get dark so we all decided to head in Michelle was carrying Branson and Matt's dad had Kayson. So as were heading in Jay goes to take a step and our dog ran by him clipping his leg, then went down Kayson came down and smacked his head on the sidewalk it was the worst sound ever it was like dropping a watermelon onto the ground, we ran over I picked up Kayson he was white poor grandpa was a wreak, I started for the house and Kayson stopped breathing I sat there holding him crying just begging him to start breathing I could not do this again and I didn't have a whole hospital staff on hand. He finally caught his breath and we ran inside, he wasn't acting normal so we headed to the hospital again. We get out there and we let the doctor know what happened and he say well ok there is no swelling and he seems to be doing ok so I will be right back. in the meantime my mom showed up. I'm so happy she did!! The doc comes back and he tells us out of 99.9% of kids that have this type of fall if there not doing this and this and he named a few things he should be ok. So we told him ok he said he would watch him for 10-15 minutes and see how he does. After he left for and hour Kayson did nothing but scream and if anyone knows him he doesn't act that way. So he comes back in and I told him this just wasn't normal for him, so they decided to do the CT scan and check. Matt went in to help with his CT and came back and said that is child abuse, that was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Poor Matt had to hold him down as tight as he could so they could get good pictures. After about an eternity later the doc came back in, looked at us and said he had a fractured skull and bleeding on his brain. I lost it, once again we were heading to Primary Children's. Mom gave me a big hug and said its a good thing they found it, what would of happened if we would of just went home? So I went into the bathroom as they strapped him into the ambulance broke down for a good five minutes. just in complete shock that this was happening. So we get up to Primarys and they rush him into the trauma unit were they woke him up started cutting off his clothes strapping him up to every machine they had put him in a neck brace, and start taking blood as I'm just standing there helpless trying to hold it all together, Matt was still driving up. Once they had him stable and ready to head into x rays I was able to go and hold him the poor little thing was scared to death. So Matt shows up and we get his x rays taken care of, so now were off to the PICU luckily we were only there one night and in the Infant care for another. The bleeding started to drain so that was a good sign, and his vitals were really good. He had a hard time figuring out who Matt was for awhile, but he started to come around. So they sent us home with strict instructions that he could not be left alone at all and he could not hit his head on anything. I looked at them like do you have a bubble because you do realize he is 16 months!! We are so blessed that everything turned out so well because with a head injury and were it was it could of been so much worse!! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that care so much I don't know how to repay you for all of your kindness!! We are so blessed to have these little one's here and some what healthy at the moment, I have been truly blessed by my Heavenly Father my mom found a scripture that is now my favorite Mosiah 24:13-14 all I could do was cry reading this because I forget how much he is really with us day in and day out. Thank you again everyone who has helped my little family this past week I am deeply grateful for each one of you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. ugh your poor family! After being up all night with Parker throwing up, I just kept telling myself..it could be worse! You guys are amazing, I can't even imagine what you've been through and how you've held it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo amazed at how strong you've been! Truly makes me stop and cherish the people around me!

    ReplyDelete