Friday, June 15, 2012

Miracle #2

My Brave little Boy

It was just another normal Sunday Matt took Branson to church, I stayed home with Kayson were I was suffering from morning sickness. They came home and we went over to Maralee's for dinner. After dinner Matt's mom had to walk around the block to gather money for a funeral in the ward so Branson decided he wanted to go with.  So as the finished up a couple houses down from Matts moms there is a little girl and she decided Branson had to stay and play which Branson did not hesitate one min. So Maralee came down to tell us were he was and since we were heading out we thought we would just get him on the way. So everything was ready to go and we were on our way I walked down with Maralee and Matt loaded Kayson and met us in the car. As we came to the house Branson, the little girl, and the dad were just sitting on the lawn, Branson was laying there not moving we automatically new something was wrong. We went running and Branson was white as a ghost, Maralee picked him up and his legs just dangled I knew something was wrong we ran to the car and Maralee and becca took Kayson and Matt and I ran out to the ER again mind you this is only seven days after Kayson fell in the pond. On the way out if I even moved my arms he would cry out in pain, by this time I was a wreak, we get out there and they lay him on the bed and his left leg just fell the nurse had me help her get his pants off when we pulled them off his upper left leg was so swollen, it was huge. The doctor came in which was the same one we had a week earlier with Kayson, looked at Branson and goes his leg is broke will take an x ray then were sending you up to primary children's to have them fix it. So they take the x ray the poor thing had snapped it right in half. We rode up in the ambulance they came and put a brace on his leg were they had to pull his leg straight and strap it in, the worst thing I ever had to watch all I could so was cry watching him in so much pain. Luckily we had a really good ambulance crew that night and Big Beau was there and he was so sweet with Branson as they put him onto the stretcher Big Beau sat there and rubbed Branson's head telling him that they were going to take good care of him and they wouldn't let anything else happen to him. So once again I start crying, I put myself back together and were on our way up to Primary's. we get up there and they get him into a room and start him on some medicine his grandma's and grandpa's and his aunts take turns to check up on him. He started falling asleep and had a muscle cramp that woke him up, and when he did from the pain he jerked his other leg hitting his broken leg, and he just went nuts from the pain, and from that stopped breathing I couldn't get him to breathe so my mom called the nurses in I turned into to Matt and just lost it, they were having a hard time getting him to breathe so my mom dragged me out as I'm hysterical. I get out into the waiting room and dropped just sobbing not knowing what was happening. I scared the living tar out of the rest of my family. Matts mom thought he had died, I had everyone in a panic. The cute doctor came out about eight minutes later telling me he started breathing again that he was stable and doing fine. That was the worst 10 minutes I ever had in my life. Matt was even getting really scared because it was taking a minute to get him to come back. So in the meantime they took him off the board from the ambulance and took the brace off and wrapped it up so he wasn't able to move it and luckily he was able to fall back to sleep, we were not able to do anything until morning. As we waited to get a room for the night we found out he was trying to climb a fence to get to the horses and must have fallen because the little girls dad found him in the pastor.  After a very long night he went into the OR about seven the next morning and within an hour they put his body cast on, he got back up to his room and told me Mommy take it off, I said sweety I cant he looks at me and points and says go away. I felt so bad that there was nothing that I could do. By that afternoon he was eating and drinking so they sent us on our way, so for six weeks the poor little thing is stuck in that not so fun cast. But we are so grateful that so many people took such good care of our little man!! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and are so grateful your in our life's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment